Saturday, April 21, 2012

Power Playlist for Women

"I am Woman, Hear Me Roar" - this is the title of the new playlist I'm assembling for my collection of running/workout music. The criteria: songs sung by women that reflect their strength and beauty. Here are some of the titles I have so far.

  • A Woman’s Worth, Alicia Keys
  • Beautiful, Christina Aguilera
  • Bitch, Meredith Brooks
  • Fighter, Christina Aguilera
  • Firework, Katy Perry
  • I Am Woman, Helen Reddy
  • I Will Survive, Gloria Gaynor
  • I'm a Woman, Reba McEntire
  • Independent Women, Destiny's Child
  • Irreplaceable, Beyonce
  • Love Song, Sara Bareillis
  • Man I Feel Like a Woman, Shania Twain
  • Respect, Aretha Franklin
  • Stronger, Kelly Clarkson
  • Survivor, Destiny's Child
  • Unwritten, Natasha Bedingfield

These tunes make me feel powerful and motivate me to work harder - at whatever I am doing.
I'd love suggestions of more female power anthems. One note, I'd like to avoid tunes that are explicitly man-hating, because, well, I sort of like men ;)

Have a great day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment